During the building of the Ohio & Mississippi Railroad through Odin, many of the workmen and their families were Catholics. In 1866 the Illinois Central Railroad donated five lots to the Reverend Schlosser, O.S.F., for the construction of a church. After completion of the railroad liens the workmen were transferred elsewhere and the church became inactive. Families living here now attend church at Sandoval, Salem and Centralia.